5.0

We started the process in the spring of 2016 by attending a seminar, and choice to meet with a counselor several months later in order to get our affairs in check. The process is extremely long and tedious.

I have read some of the reviews, and in my opinion; once you meet with your counselor bring all of your requested documents on the first day. Some counselors are more experienced than others and will allow you to fax missing documents. I advise all to deliver their missing documents in person to ensure the integrity of the process. Your counselor sees on average five to six families a day for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

He/she is very busy. Once you become NACA qualified, finding a house then falls into your hands at your pace.

We became NACA qualified in January of 2017 and closed on our house in February. Great program, however, you must be discipline and stay focused.

Product or Service Mentioned: Naca Seminar.

Comments

NACA Verified Representative

Thank you for your comments. Your advice and insight are right on the mark, especially the comment "once you meet with your counselor bring all of your requested documents on the first day".

In fact, my advice is to always bring all of your documents to every appointment. Also, make sure it is the physical documents, not scans on a thumb drive or CD as NACA computers will not recognize any external media sources for security reasons. A thumb drive is great though for storing them in a way that can be emailed or uploaded if necessary.

Thanks also for recognizing what I've always said about the NACA process not being fast or easy.

Big kudos also for having the wisdom to wait to have your first appointment when you realized you weren't quite ready yet.

Patience and persistence are always very powerful tools in the NACA process, and you used them very well. Congratulations and enjoy your home!

ttrumble@naca.com

Me and my Husband started to process in Oct 2016. Our first appointment was Jan 2017.

We walked in with every, I mean everything we needed. We submitted every document every month for 5 months, we attended every counseling session for 5 months, then our counselor was fired, we went on to the next counselor for 2 month with all of our paperwork, he quit, then we were handle over to another counselor and given an appointment 2 months away from the last appointment, when that appointment date came we received no phone call. When I called the office to find out what happen I was told she had an emergency and would call me in to days. Well it has been over a week and no call.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!! I AM TIRED AND WORN OUT.....

to CORLIS HULEY #1369142
NACA Verified Representative

Ms. Huley, I was able to locate your file and you've certainly fallen victim to some bad timing to say the least. I have reached out to both your counselor and the Regional Director with a request that they get in touch with you right away.

Please update me on your progress.

to NACA_Online #1377871
NACA Verified Representative

Update: After contacting the counselor on Ms. Huley's behalf, the counselor contacted her on September 20, at which time all documents that had been submitted were processed and a face to face appointment was set for the following week so the file could finally be submitted to underwriting for qualification.

Ms. Huley called back later in the day and indicated that she wished to withdraw from the NACA program.