I have something to say. My name is Robert McCollum.

I am the seller of a house to a NACA participant. Ms Jajuanna Satcher made an offer on my house March 13 2018. We entered into a contract March 14 2018. We set to close on April 20, 2018.

The home inspection was complied with on March 21st, the work to include a structural engineer inspection of the slab was done by April 3rd. By April 13th still no appraisal had been done. Mr Adams in the Jackson Ms NACA office said it was a paperwork problem and asked for a 2 week extension past the agreed on April 20th close date to May 3rd 2018. Now that date came and he asked for another extension.

This time Mrs Satchers earnest money was made non-refundable. The new close date was set for March 21st. I was Pissed. I called Mr Sessel Bent-Lavant @ the Augusta Ga office as he is the regional manager.

He looked at the file and noticed a flag from April 12th where Bank of America had no contact info to schedule the appraisal. Now as of May 16th the appraisal and the final survey were done and I’m being told that they need another extension to May 29th at best or June 4th at worst. Now I’m in the military and have a VA loan on my home and am getting a new VA loan for the home I want to buy. I have to close one before opening another.

Do you think I want to be contractually lied to again by NACA? It seems like now they are dates to extend to. I really just want to scrap it all on principle. Who treats people like this.

Mrs Satcher lost the lease on her apartment because she was told by NACA we would close on April 20. She had to move in with her two girls to her moms house. How do I know? Her mom lives right around the corner from me.

That’s why the house was so perfect. And I am only asking 80 dollars a square foot and paying 4K in closing cost and NACA still can’t close. Wow. How many realtors in the state of Mississippi are really going to want to accept offers from NACA participants after this story?

Money maybe guaranteed but it will never close.

Ha! Now onto Facebook and any other social media I can post this story to.

Comments

I close with Naca 1year ago and it was long process. But what I can say..Mr.

Bent came in and save the day! I was consistent on getting the job done..No matter how long it took.. I made sure I was going close on my beautiful house.It was so hard and very stressful.. My house stay under contract pass 45 days...

But, With my interest rate .. I would do it over and over again...At the end it was all worth it!!!! I’ll recommend NACA! Because of Naca I’m first time homeowner:) The key on becoming homeowner is ...

Patience, consistency, and prayers!!!Nothing comes easy.... Everything I have I had work hard for it..

Sooooo many sleepless nights trying close on my house..God is good! Always remember after storm ; rainbow is near:)#teamnaca!