1.1K views

I am a member (id 1626796) and submitted my documents monthly and some when they became available for over 9 months (qualified for the full amount) and never moved forward and kept waiting for the qualification cal and never got it.Mean while I noticed good properties passing by and selling that we never got the call.

We send periodically emails and where told just to keep submitting our paperwork.

Meanwhile the properties went up for over $100K.For the amount of money that I'm suppose to save, I cannot wait; otherwise the homes are going to be out of our reach.

Screw NACA for wasting my time; now I'm forced to but a house much more expensive the when I begin the program; forced to pay more for a smaller home and a big fight with my wife for waiting for NACA and even facing divorce.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH NACA.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

NACA_Online
Naca Verified Representative

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH NACA.

Unfortunately, a review of your file tells a somewhat different story from what you relate here.You submitted a significant volume of documents in September of last year.

In October you were contacted regarding additional items that were needed and were advised to contact us once the additional items were received so we could schedule a telephone counseling appointment for you. No additional documents were received and in fact no new documents of any sort were submitted to your file until the following May. Because of the huge number of people seeking NACA’s help, we cannot schedule counseling appointments for files that are not kept up to date. The absence of current information caused you to miss several opportunities for a counseling session and therefore your file could not be submitted for qualification.

In spite of the file not being properly updated, you requested in April of this year to be transferred from our Remote Counseling program and you were scheduled for a face-to-face appointment in your local office on May 1st. You did keep the appointment and updated one paystub, one bank statement and 12 months of rent checks at that appointment. It is clearly explained during your initial Purchase Workshop and in your Home Buyer’s Workbook that we must have a minimum of the most recent 30 days of paystubs and 90 days of bank statements. Additionally we still did not have the required verification forms from your landlord and employer, all of which prevented us from submitting your file for qualification.

Since then, there have again been no updates to the paystubs or bank statements even though it is also clearly explained that you must keep these updated and current right up to the time you close on your home. You were also given an Action Plan which detailed several items that needed to be resolved or explained. None of these were completed either. Finally, if you faced the continual frustrations you claim, why did you not reach out to NACA management or contact us through our social media channels to get help?

We maintain several channels of communication to assist members who need help with problems or special questions. Doing so certainly accomplishes more than writing complaints on an unrelated website. The fact is that the delays that you claim have wasted your time and caused you to miss opportunities were in fact the result of not cooperating with the guidelines of the NACA program or the requests made by NACA staff.

To succeed in the NACA purchase program, our members must be actively involved in the process and remain active during the process of becoming a homeowner.Tim Trumble Online Operations, NACA ttrumble@naca.com