1.7K views

I went to the seminar and then made it to my first counseling session today to submit paperwork.My husband and I went to the Charlotte, NC office and were treated like dirt by Carol Clark.

Never have I been talked down to like that all because we forgot our saving statements and my husband forgot one of our w-4's (an easy remedied situation). We also didn't presubmit paperwork online (we didn't know we could). So carol had me sit in his own chair and type in our information because in his words, "im not working harder because you are unprepared." We were questioned like children the whole entire session. He also had Christianity relics all over his office which doesn't bother me.

However, he started to become rude only after he asked us our religious preference. ( why does it matter anyway! We answered none.) At the end carol told us we needed to schedule us another appointment to submit the documents we didn't bring. I told him to givens second while I looked up my work schedule online.

He decided he couldn't wait and scheduled for a day. Not even ten seconds later my schedule loaded and I told him I couldn't come to that appointment because I was working. Instead of changing it then and there. He told me I needed to call and change the appointment with him sitting right in front of me.

I left feeling degraded and angry.

Not sure I want to continue with NACA.I do know I will NOT continue on with Carol Clark.

Review about: Naca Seminar.

Had an Experience with Naca?

Comments

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #901147

It seems to me that you want someone to do the work for you.Buying a home is not an easy process and if you could do it yourself you would not have to use them.

They are there to help get you qualified to purchase. If this is a serious issue for you then you would make sure all your information is submitted based on the requirements in your workbook. If you are not willing to do what it takes then you are wasting time that could be used on someone who is.

FYI banks don't ask what day you are off to close.If you want the house you will do what you have to and get there.

Douglasville, Georgia, United States #873458

That is one thing they strongly encouraged us to do was to have all your paper work when you come to your first meeting and things to do before.I see that NACA is not to blame if you were unprepared.

I mean the things you listed are important documents.Hopefully this taught you a lesson.

NACA_Online
Naca Verified Representative

Hello Anonymous,

NACA counselors are trained to provide the best experience possible, so your story of such extremely poor treatment concerns us greatly.

Please contact me with your name and NACA ID number and I will relay your concerns to both the Office Manager and the Regional Director.

Just FYI, as a HUD certified counseling agency we are required to gather demographic information regarding our members' age, nationality, religious preference and so on. This information is used by HUD to ensure that any particular groups of people are being discriminated against.

Tim Trumble