1.9
Interest Rate

I am a real estate professional who has worked with NACA twice and both times have been the worst experience of my Real Estate Career. As many here know ,buying a home is a stressful process as you have deadlines you have to meet and they're numerous obstacles that come throughout the process.

My job as a realtor is to make that process as smooth as possible as well as your down payment assistance/loan provider. NACA does not do this at all. If you have a question you need answered NACA will not answer it in a timely manner. If you have a deadline you need to meet goodluck using NACA as they do nothing to communicate effectively to avoid mistakes and issues.

I am absolutely gutted for my client as he is now highly stressed from this situation and the day he was suppose to close was not met and he has to now beg his current landlord to allow him to stay until we have a closing date...which we do not have at this time. As I've had prior experience with NACA i know that the poor reviews are very true and I informed my client of these reviews and like many of you here, he went against the reviews and decided to work with them. I will give NACA credit their loan product is great and I would love to refer them to future clients but I cannot because the process is so unbelievably unprofessional and unacceptable.

I will give advice for those who choose to ignore the numerous reviews and use NACA anyways. Make sure you get a realtor who knows the NACA process whether it be NACA's referred agents(many have written bad reviews of their agents as well)or someone who has experience with down payment assistance programs.

Working with NACA requires you to take the full responsibility of sending in your documents in a timely manner and if you do not meet these dates they suspend your account. NACA may even suspend your account if you have sent in the file they need 3 times. No matter, it is imperative that you stay in constant communication with your mortgage counselor as my experience is that they will consistently ask you for documents you have sent them over and over again.

My next advice is to make sure you read the NACA workbook thoroughly as my clients have had many questions throughout the process but due to their poor communication neither of my clients were able to get those questions answered in a timely manner.

Lastly if you believe in a higher power pray until you can't pray anymore. The process is beyond stressful and I am happy for those who worked with NACA and had a smooth experience but both of my experiences have been absolutely awful.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Best rates.

I didn't like: Terrible customer service, Lack of knowledge, Rescheduled appt three times, Empty promises, Counselor.

Comments