After a year of appointments being cancelled, counselors not returning calls/emails, volunteering my time, paying NACA dues, getting our credit pulled, fixing our credit on our own and saving $15k ... WE ARE DONE WITH NACA.

I recently had my appointment (that was scheduled 2 months in advance). We show up, wait 20 minutes for my useless counselor to call us in only to find out------he's been FIRED! He should've been fired a year ago as I suggested. I requested a new counselor 9 months in when I realized he hasn't done a lick to our file.

So you know what this all mean? We get to start the process all over again with a new counselor because they finally realized the old MC was useless.... Yayyyyy... Not‼.

I have 2 thick binders that's dedicated to our NACA file, although we uploaded everything with our MC last month and we kept it updated by uploading our documents ourselves to keep it in order. Imagine our surprise when the new counselor asked us for every stitch of paperwork we've been bringing to NACA for the last YEAR! It is A LOT of paperwork!. I am LIVID.

Now this counselor, has lowered what we were originally approved for ($189000) it's been lowered three times. this new counselor gave us another 2 pages of things to get done, save $1200 a month, Which is not a problem but I notice the money we have to save keeps going up but what we can get approved for keeps going down.. Why is that? she also wants to push us back 6 months...

No, no, no, no no no no no, no. Not going to happen. That would be 2 years! Honestly, I was done 9 months in but my husband wanted to give it until November.

I wish I would've remembered how they almost cost my mom her house. If I hadn't immediately got her in a real program that could help her save her home she would've been homeless. My mom was $31,000 behind by the time I got her in the HHF program due to NACA and BOA. The program not only paid the $31k she was behind, they lowered her mortgage and interest rate.

At the time I honestly thought it was BOA and Naca was not at fault. but now, I'm thinking it was NACA & BOA. BOA stalled, and NACA did nothing. After dealing with them myself for the last year and 6 months trying to get a loan.

I can 1000% say NACA is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE‼. We have a 789 credit score $15k in savings, no credit card debt, no outstanding loans, all bills have been on time for the past 4 years, both of us have years at the same job, both make decent enough money, don't owe the irs.. Nothing----yet, this means NOTHING‼. We can't give them 2 years.

We don't need them. As soon as I left that useless appointment I immediately RSVP for the 8 hour Homebuyers course to get the grant plus our bank has an awesome loan program happening right now. low downpayment, low interest rate and NO PMI praise God...basically NACA without all the b.s. We are blessed.

I read reviews of folks loosing their homes waiting on NACA, there's reviews of people loosing their money due to NACA not being able to close on the home on the date that was arranged. I feel sorry for them. there's good reviews but few and I really don't believe half of them. after having my own experience with naca no way I'd be able to recommend them to anyone.

The bad reviews are 1000% TRUE. don't you find it odd everyone is complaining about the same exact things? I can understand one or two pissed off people but there are THOUSANDS of complaints about the same thing on different sites. NACA has been in business for over a decade yet only closed on 60 houses-- why is that?

Why is it there's more complaints than praises? the naca program would've been awesom but they way its runned is just horrific. we by no means thought the process was going to be quick or easy. I actually expected to be waiting at least 6 months.

I never imagined a year and 4 months and now this new counselor wants 6 more months and for me to volunteer --AGAIN (even though I already did my volunteering for this YEAR!) NACA claim they fight predatory banks---umm, their loans are through BOA, WELLS FARGO. How can you do business with these so called predators? . The MC's get a commission.

Hence, why they keep having these workshops to get more and more people without even assisting the thousands they already have. NACA is for people that can't go anywhere else have little to no credit, no money saved, have debt, ect. the people that say oh, NACA helped me either got super lucky with a competent counselor that actually gave a damn or they just didn't have a choice but to give NACA 2 years of their lives. I just want to know how to get our sensitive personal information removed/deleted from their system?

this just isn't for us. good luck to everyone who wants to give them a go. my experience started off awesome 4 months in, sadly it just got worse and worse. it doesn't matter how on top of things you as the homebuyer are, how fast you get through the program isn't up to you.

despite what NACA says and the b.s the 5 star commenters say. expect 6 months - 2 years. don't be delussioned into thinking if you just jump through the hoops your process will be different. I can assure you it won't be.

don't listen to the people that are blaming the pissed off clients for not wanting to waste anymore time with naca, even when they've been doing their due diligence to get through the process.

Most of us are more qualified than the rest and STILL can't move past phase 3. the whole process is a mess.

Product or Service Mentioned: Naca Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Amen!!!!!!!!!!! Someone should start a class action lawsuit for false advertisements.

I too have requested a new counselor I'm still waiting on the office manager at my local NACA office to contact me or give me another counselor. This was 10 months ago so stop lying TIM

That is our situation right there!! Omg!!!

Omg!! Omg!!! I'm showing my husband this.

What bank are you planning on using ? and what's the name of the program?

NACA_Online
Naca Verified Representative

I’m sorry that you found your NACA experience so unpleasant. However, the considerable amount of exaggeration, along with several distinct inaccuracies, give reason to believe there’s more to your story than meets the eye.

Keeping your documents well organized is a great help to your counselor. Asking you for the entire group of documents would have been the fastest way for a new counselor to become familiar with your file and get you moving forward. Your resistance to his request only hindered your own progress. Again, a new counselor would not mean starting over, only that the new counselor would have to get up to speed with your file, which is often made easier by resubmitting your documents, so the counselor can work with the full volume of paperwork.

Your approval amount may have changed for any number of reasons. Interest rates may have risen, reducing affordability. If you are convinced your original counselor was incompetent, then it’s possible he miscalculated. If the approval amount did change, then your counselor would have explained to you what the specific factor was that limited your affordability.

Interest rates are still historically low and your rate can still be bought down to virtually zero using the buy down program, increasing your affordability significantly. You didn’t explain why, but if your new counselor indicated that you would not be ready for qualification for six months, there was a distinct reason why, which would have been made clear to you. Regardless of a 789 credit score and being “more qualified than the rest”, members are still required to abide by the guidelines of the NACA program. It is a curious phenomenon that people who complain want to bring up their credit score in defense of their position.

Not only is credit score irrelevant to the NACA program, financial experts like Dave Ramsey refer credit scores as nothing more than an indicator of how willing you are to be a slave to debt. We’re glad that your mother was able to get the assistance she needed to save her home, even if it wasn’t through NACA. The Hardest Hit Fund helped thousands more by providing funds to catch up their past due amount on the loan. We even had representatives of the various states’ HHF programs at many of our Save the Dream events, but HHF did nothing to modify mortgage terms, creating the potential for re-default.

In fact they only used about 15% of the $2 Billion set aside for the program by the federal government. NACA saved more than a quarter million homes during the mortgage crisis with affordable mortgage modifications. In the end, NACA saved many times the number of homes HHF did across the country. Even with the bank’s in-house program to which you refer, you will still be paying tens of thousands more than with NACA.

NACA is NO down payment, not low down payment. Perhaps you will get a low interest rate, but it will not be as low as NACA’s. You may not be paying PMI, but what about closing costs? The fact that the bank pays the closing costs in the NACA program will by itself make a difference of several thousand dollars.

Unfortunately, your statement that Wells Fargo is part of the NACA program provides proof that your comments are steeped in hyperbole and inaccuracy. It is Bank of America and CitiMortgage, not Wells Fargo, that have provided $13 Billion dollars to fund the NACA program and have funded the purchase of nearly 70,000 homes with the unbeatable terms of the NACA program, far more than your false claim of “NACA has been in business for over a decade yet only closed on 60 houses”. The fact of the matter is that one of the best things Wells Fargo could do to rebuild their tarnished public image is become part of the NACA program. There’s no mention of who you reached out to for help if there were such communication problems.

Help does exist if you are having issues or questions. All you have to do is reach out. Complaints such as this filled with hatefulness and exaggeration are exactly why it is in fact Pissed Consumer has no real credibility and in fact has no intent on being any sort of genuine resource to help consumers.

The fact is that the NACA program works, and it is always worth the amount of time and effort required. Tim Trumble Online Operations, NACA

to NACA_Online #1573445

How do you sit there and call this person's review false Timmy? Were you there?

I was told by my counselor you guys do do business with wells fargo, citi bank and BOA-- the same "predatory" lender you claim to advocate against. I believe this review because it sounds similar to mines. I know exactly what this person is talking about. If credit doesn't matter than why does naca pull credit report?

Why does naca tell its client to work on fixing their credit? You claim credit isn't a factor but it is.

Naca wants people with 580 credit scores folks that doesn't have any choice but to wait on naca. Naca is just a Walking contradiction like some else said.